November 19, 2009

Poison

Ya'll are lucky you're getting two posts in a row!

A few months back, I was told by an old customer that I was "poison", but in a "good way". She continued to say, like the beautiful apple in Snow White. Tempting, but once you take a bite you never know what you're gonna get. Hmmm, am I naughty or am I nice? I'd like to think i'm both, like yin and yang.

Oooh, why does Nina Simone have to be playing in the background "I Put a Spell on You"?

I can tell you that one thing my customers got from taking a bite, was me challenging them to find their true knitting potential. None have been privileged to my naughty side, LMAF!!!! Just teasing! That's what you get for reading spicy!!!

Anyway, while my customer was telling me this, she was holding a skein of Alchemy Bamboo, a gorgeous yarn. She suggested that I should make an apple hat.

I took this into consideration. Well, don't you know my creative and overactive imagination came up with this.

















Do you like how I did the twist with the snake? It's got the Adam and Eve vibe, I think anyway.



Now having said that, my brain went into full speed. My "poisoned" mind decided to take it one step further and designed the matching pasties and thong!! Do you like? Poison Apple, Snow White, and the Garden of Eden. How Tempting!!!!

For you knitters one skein made the set and I used scrap yarn for the rest. I hand beaded the veins in the leaves, and all beading/sequins. The snake eyes are swarvoski crystals. I also made the snake and leaves on the thong using needles ranging in size 0-0000.








I took this picture on my last trip to San Franciso. Do you think this is poisonous?








2 comments:

lh said...

girl, you are naughty.
but what's that last photo of?

Kristine said...

The last photo is a jelly fish taken at Tamalas Bay in California.