February 23, 2009

Back In Black

A week before Christmas a woman comes in the shop that I work at, looking for yarn for a hat she is going to have made.  She's trying to find a yarn very similar to a hat her friend has.  This woman showed me a couple pictures and we choose 2 yarns.  Happy that we found a some what similar fiber, she now wanted a pattern for the hat.  I had to explain to her, that because this was a store bought hat there wouldn't be a pattern.  "Oh" she says, well would I be able to look at the photos again and tell this person who is making the hat what stitch was used.  I said yes not knowing that this person I was going to be talking to didn't speak that much english! During the next half hour I spoke to this person 2 times!

While the customer was paying, she asked me asked me if would make it instead, because she felt I knew what I was doing.  I agreed for an obvious fee.  I gave her an email address to send the pictures to and told her I wouldn't be able to get to the hat until after Christmas.  Of course that was ok, but she kept pushing the before or even Christmas Eve.  Whatever!

She then thought it would be better to see the hat.  This took so long, because her friend didn't really want to have a copy of the hat.  Her friend finally stopped by the store to let me see it. When I took this photo she got really uptight, " didn't her friend already send me a picture?" Too much attitude for me! When I spoke to the customer I told her, her friend was rude and that she didn't want her to have the hat.  She says "I know".

I end up finding a better yarn than she choose.  I told I would be starting the hat soon.  We had a quick meeting, and from that point on she became slightly stalkerish!  Then I started thinking no wonder your friend isn't wanting you to have the same hat.  It was awful!  Even my co workers were like what's wrong with her!

The hat didn't take too long to make.  I ended up crocheting it.  It turned out really nice.  The photo below is the finished product, although I did end up having to make it about 2" bigger since I was fitting it to my had, not realizing her head was longer.  I think I did a good copy, what do you think?


p.s.  cocoa butta storyteller, if you're reading this,  thanks for reading my blog and loving my dress!  I would wear a black strapless bra, and a skin toned slip.  Ironically, the dress is made from the same yarn as the had.  It's GGH Mystik a cotton viscose blend














No comments: