February 26, 2009

What's Up With The Love?

So, my sister came to town for a visit last night, and she says "Have you seen the hat that mom
made me"?  Of course I say no, because one, I haven't seen my mom in a year, and two, because I haven't seen my sister since July 2008.  

I come up stairs, to see this beautiful fair isle earflap hat.  Too cute!!!!!







She then tells me to flip it over and look what my mom did.  She put her name in!  Even cuter!  So of course I have to try it on, a little big, but adorable.  My sister tells me that our mom had made another one, but it the colors ran when she washed it, so she made her a new one.

 



While trying it on I saw that my mom also lined the flaps and band.  Good idea!  Madamefoo, this is what I was talking about.

When I gave the hat back to my sister, I was like "What's up with mine?"  She responds, " You can have the other one and mom can put your name on it."  I ask you why would I want a hat not meant for me or one that the colors bled?
Mom, I know you love me, but "What's Up With the Love?" 










1 comment:

Kelli said...

What a riot? Is sis a knitter? Maybe mom just knew that you were such a capable knitter (and lover of small needles) that you could just whip up one for yourself should the desire hit you. I'm saying. ~ksp